Saturday 13 September 2008

Distracted ...


I have a million and one things I should be doing but I just couldn't put that leaf stamp down! I ended up buying this gold and brown dish with the large candle in the local town yesterday so I could make a candle with the stamp and some copper and brown Brilliance.

I have also been waylaid with my first every venture into jam making - well the brambles (blackberries) are in such abundance it was a shame not to pick some! Ben, my mum and I got two huge ice cream tubs yesterday afternoon and they weighed 4lb exactly and to my shock made NINE jars of bramble jam. Not jelly - we like the seeds :)

I am feeling extremely housewifey and am polishing my halo as I speak but this hasn't helped with the pile of crafting chores I have to do before we go way in 2 weeks ..... oh well, there's always tomorrow!

7 comments:

cats whiskers said...

Lynn I dont blame you for wanting to use that stampit is beautiful and that candle is just fantastic
Have a great weekend
Hugs Jacqui x

Marlou McAlees said...

well this is just beautiful Lynn, very creative :) x

Annie said...

love your candle Lynn, very autumnal and beautiful. Enjoy your jam too, I managed to find enough rosehips and sloes to make jelly and now DH has come home with more I can get some sloe gin going and some bramble brandy. I might get around to making bramble jelly too but with an abundance of crab apples I might just do a mix. Hence no crafting for me this weekend! I'm getting withdrawal symptoms now. annie x

~Denise Lynn~ said...

This is gorgeous Lynn! What a fabulous candle, a perfect image too. :)

Natalie said...

You have made this candle look beautiful. x

Donalda said...

This is just gorgeous dear I love the look it gave the candle.
Sure hope you son gets well soon dear

Catherine said...

this is just beautiful!